Ethan and I consider Lina Menard to be a thought leader in the tiny house movement. Her involvement in countless builds, both in the design and the construction.
Lina was an early adapter of SIPS and she continues to incorporate them into her design and work. Ethan chats with Lina about the pitfalls she has seen in her builds. They discuss issues with tiny house trailer designs and the difference between a design-build process and a build-design process.
In This Episode:
- What’s the difference between a design-build process and a build-design process?
- Understanding the constraints you must work within can help you be happier
- Where do you start with planning for your build?
- What does it mean to be “dried in”?
- How does using salvaged materials affect your build?
- Advice about using and storing salvaged materials
- Struggling to design your build? Lina has great tips for you.
- Taping out the floor-plan works – here’s why
- Should you make a model of your house?
- Best practices for attaching your tiny house to the trailer
- Your designs will get better through building
- Exciting trends in tiny house builds
- Making your design fit your needs
Links and Resources: