On this podcast Ethan talks to Amanda about SquareOne Village which is an organization creating self-managed communities of cost-effective tiny homes for people in need of housing in and around Eugene Oregon.
Amanda is the director and if you are interested in tiny house villages you will enjoy learning from this podcast.
In this podcast Ethan and Amanda explore the co-op model for housing and delve into all the details of how these tiny home villages are funded, built, and maintained.
In This Episode:
- A community-minded approach to help people in need of housing
- What does it take to manage a housing cooperative?
- Empowering and fostering a sense of agency in residents
- How the villages compute costs to keep rent affordable
- No waitlist? How the membership committees select new residents
- Where does the funding come from?
- How can a tiny house village be legal and code-compliant?
- The Village Model is being developed for the benefit of other tiny house communities
- About Amanda’s tiny home
Links and Resources: