A couple of years ago I published Minimalism to the Extreme Tipi Experiment. You can visit the post here. Patrick recently contacted me to share part 2 of his experiment. I’m going to let him share it below:
During a two year span I spent six months on and six months off living in a tipi as I was exploring how to merge with nature, sleep on the earth, and all this without leaving my job and society.
I started in the summer of 2012 and practiced Cold Thermogenesis in the South Toe River which is cold all year…located in Pisgah National Forest about one mile north of Asheville, North Carolina.
By the winter I was pretty well seasoned to give it a go, although I spent some months moving back into a house so I could repair and refine my tipi living equipment. It was partly a biohacking experiment, partly a midlife crisis, and partly just a childhood dream coming true.
Following are some photos, a video, and links to the three part blog post series which was posted at www.paleoalltheway.com
Tipi is the best Paleo Sleep Hack: NOTHING modern can come close to the benefits:
- Shumann’s Frequency (Earthing)
- Telluride Waves
- Fresh Air
- Moisture (negative hydrogen atoms found in mist)
- Photovaltaic Effect from natural lighting
- Natural light cycles (away from artificial light)
- No VOC’s from the 8,000 offgassing chemicals found in modern homes
- No nn EMF’s from electrical wiring
- You can see the stars through the smoke hole
- Healing power of the pyramid shaped structure