PodCast – Can You Heat your Tiny House with Compost? The Compost Powered Water Heater with Gaelan Brown
On today’s show, we will be exploring the possibility of heating your tiny house with compost. Not long ago, I came across a book called The Compost-Powered Water Heater. It’s only about 140 pages and I read it in one sitting. Author Gaelan Brown details the experimentation and the work that has been done in harvesting the heat from a compost pile and using that to heat a greenhouse, barn, or even a hot tub. I was surprised to find out that the author also lives in a tiny house, built on the back of a flatbed truck, named the Dodge Lodge.
In This Episode:
- Who was Jean Pain and what were his important contributions?
- How the Agrilab approach differs from traditional composting
- The uses for the heat harvested from compost
- The financial and environmental impacts of using heat from compost.
- Using compost for heat in your own backyard
- An overview of the science involved in composting
- Gaelan’s tiny houses: The Dodge Lodge and Steady Betty