Natalie Bogwalker practiced primitive living and building for several years and then turned her attention to teaching.
Natalie teaches many natural building techniques at her school, Wild Abundance.
What is a natural building? There are so many different techniques, and Natalie helps us focus on practicality when it comes to choosing a natural building method.
Natalie also has a strong background in permaculture and will give us a primer on how it intersects with the tiny house movement. Natalie is here to share the message that learning to build is a gateway to self-empowerment.
In This Episode:
- How a school that was intended to teach permaculture also came to teach building
- What happens during the ten-day tiny house class?
- Learning how to meet your basic needs is empowering
- What does Wild Abundance do with all the builds?
- Description of the round log cabin
- Tips on materials for mobile tiny houses
- Natalie’s advice to women builders
- What does “a focus on practicality” mean regarding natural building?
- Sometimes you need help