In today’s podcast, Ethan talks with my friends Joshua and Shelley Engberg who in 2014 decided to design a custom trailer to build their tiny dream home. Finding it very frustrating they decided to jump in and start their own business called Tiny House Basics.
In 2021 they have now designed and built 450 custom tiny house trailers each year.
In this podcast, Joshua and Shelley share their story, tips for finding the ideal parking space and learn all about trailers, features of steel, and much more.
In This Episode:
- How to approach the search for land
- Why did they need a custom trailer?
- The one thing you probably haven’t thought of – but should
- How to calculate the weight of a tiny house
- What to look for in your tiny house trailer
- Is weight distribution a big deal?
- Trends in the tiny house movement
- The best way to attach your tiny home to the trailer
Links and Resources:
- Tiny House Basics: Living the Good Life in Small Spaces
- Derek Diedricksen on YouTube
- Tiny House Blog
- Tiny r(E)volution – Andrew Odom