This week Ethan Waldman chats with Melissa and Jon Block, the sister-brother team behind San Diego’s first-ever tiny house village called Tiny House Block.
Melissa and Jon share their story about what it took to go from a couple of backyard tiny homes to a dedicated piece of land with 25 tiny houses.
The majority of their homes are long term rentals. They’ve had to figure out how to manage a community. Dealing with difficult tenants, neighbor disputes, and much more.
Listen and learn lots more.
In This Episode:
- How (and why) they turned an RV park into a tiny house community
- Coming together: how the 4 Values help Tiny House Block residents care for one another
- Permanent residents or part-timers only?
- How to skip the drama with tenants
- The effect of a pandemic on a tiny house village
- How does a chef work from home?
- Can you bring your own tiny home or buy one that’s already there?
- How to responsibly host a festival during COVID
- Appealing to Airbnb or long-term residents? These details matter.
Links and Resources: