Ethan Waldman says that ever since reading the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, I’ve wanted to talk to a KonMari expert.
Ethan is excited to you this conversation with Erin where they discuss what makes Marie Kondo’s technique different.
She also explains how to apply these ideas to downsizing into a tiny house and hy organizing to “fit more stuff” isn’t the answer.
In This Episode:
- What makes it hard to let things go? How does Erin help?
- How did Erin start helping people organize?
- It’s easier to accumulate than it is to let go and more storage isn’t a solution
- Is the method of organization important?
- Decluttering does not equal minimalism
- Explanation of the concept of ‘sparking joy’
- Commonly challenging categories
- Ideas for systems to stay uncluttered
- Storage tips from the expert
- The things that are difficult to store in a tiny house and what to do with them
Links and Resources:
- Organized for Good
- Mari Kondo
- The Story of Stuff
- Zero Waste Home
- Getting Things Done
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown