My good friend Deek is back with a new podcast interview with Ethan. Derek Deek Diedricksen is here to talk DIY Treehouse Building.
We are talking about do it yourself backyard building that all you need is some good trees, some tools, and a dream.
Deek is an expert on treehouses and has built many. He shares tips, tricks, and hacks to share to make the process quicker and cheaper.
Deek always has a lot of projects ongoing, so he’ll fill us in on what’s happening in the world of Relax Shacks.
In This Episode:
- What do you need to know before you even start planning your treehouse?
- Why would you NOT want to live in a treehouse?
- Treehouse support best practices
- Don’t be afraid to let your materials dictate the build
- Salvage tips for whatever you’re wanting to build next
- How long does it take to build a treehouse?
- Architectural salvage: using old things to make new things
- The renegade approach and secret dream builds
- Treehouse permitting and respecting others
Links and Resources:
- Micro Living and Microshelters by Derek Diedricksen
- Deek’s blog
- Lloyd Kahn’s books
- relaxshacksDOTcom YouTube channel
- Stay Vocal
- Small Dwelling
- Deek’s first THLP episode