On this week’s podcast, Ethan discusses with Chad Deschenes a building inspector whose specialty is air quality, mold, and moisture-related issues.
Chad is here to discuss some of the standard tiny house building methods, and share some common problems he sees in buildings, large and small.
Chad also shares a system that every tiny house must-have. He has shared a few of his pictures as well.
In This Episode:
- Every home, even brand new construction, should have an inspection
- Symptoms of a mold issue and the lasting effects
- The one system you must have in your home (tiny or not)
- Workmanship matters: this is where people consistently get it wrong
- SIPs, insulation, vapor barriers, and your roof
- How to detect mold in your house and is it fixable?