Ethan’s guest this week is Betsy Barbour. After selling her condominium in 2017 Betsy downsized to her 200 sqft tiny home in 2019.
Since then she has lived in three unique communities in two states.
Betsy is passionate about tiny house advocacy and community development. In this episode she discusses the different types of communities she has found and the challenges that tiny living has presented her.
In This Episode:
- Betsy’s tiny house story
- How Tiny Circles are helping build tiny house communities
- Is your tiny home really built for all seasons?
- Not all SIPs are created equal
- The long road(trip) to tiny house advocacy in RV parks
- What it’s like to live in a tiny house community
- Build your community before you need it
- Reasons you may want to rethink the loft
Links and Resources:
- Tiny House Industry Alliance (THIA)
- Jill Kanto and Abby Hobson from Tiny Estates on THLP
- Tiny House Alliance of Southwest Florida
- Tinyhouse.com Global Conference, October 1-3
- Comak Tiny Homes