The other day I gave you a peak at Katy’s Vardo and yesterday she sent me pictures of the completed vardo which she is officially calling the “Don Vardo.” I knew it would be beautiful as Katy’s craftsmanship showed through even in the very beginning of the build. But when I first saw the pictures, all I could say was, Wow! I think you will agree as you look at the pictures below.
Dee Williams sent me a note when she emailed the pictures to me and I laughed at her explanation of towing this little beauty.
“Katy actually finished the vardo up a few days ago and we took it out for a test drive yesterday to
show it off at the park. It was awesome! It handled great on the road and I was able to sneak under those big trees that scare the crud out of me when I’m pulling my house.”
Katy designed it as a writing/guest studio with a pull-out double bed, kitchen nook, desk, radiant heat floors, and exquisite craftsmanship throughout.
The DonVardo is for sale. Katy is offering it for $22,000. The features include:
- Specially designed 8′ x 10′ trailer providing 4″ of floor insulation
- Firmly set to the trailer with 4 hurricane ties in the corners and bolts through the sides.
- Built to building code/road tested
- Cedar siding
- Metal roof and flashing over water and ice shield
- Six wood/clad double hung windows
- Cedar deck
- Arched transom window with tempered glass
- Reclaimed fir for french doors and corbels
- 8′ x 7′ space
- Hemlock wall covering and trim detail
- Cork flooring with electric radiant heat
- Desk with paperstone top
- Salvaged made cabinet with brass sink. (drains to a bucket)
- 24″ bench with cushions (pulls out to make a 45″ bed)
- Two sconces, one porch light, and LED rope lighting for ceiling accent.
- Two plugins
- 30 amp electric box with two, 15 amp circuits
Ready to serve as:
- Home office
- Guest Bedroom
- Writing studio
- Artist’s retreat
- Small get-a-way
If you are interested in purchasing the “Don Vardo” please contact Katy at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her at 503-577-4566 as usual be sure and let her know you saw it on the Tiny House Blog. The “Don Vardo” is located in Portland, Oregon.
Note: If you prefer to build your own plans are now available. Click here to view more details and click on the “Plans” page to purchase.