Most of you know the Tiny House Blog has become a business for me and as a business I would like to support a special charity. My wife is a school teacher in a Christian school and I have a special interest in helping schools throughout the world.
A couple of years ago our church developed a One-Day Church that could be assembled in a day and than completed by the locals to fit their environment. This year they have developed a One-Day School but a little different, it is a completed classroom that holds up to 40 children, built and ready to use in one day.
The One-Day School is 21 x 30 feet. It fits into our category of small homes and so I think we can relate to its size, with a completed cost of $7,500. My goal as a business owner is to donate a portion of the profits generated from the Tiny House Blog to this project. I would like to somehow sponsor at least one school a year. So by you supporting the blog by purchasing plans, books, etc., and visiting advertisers on the blog you can help me reach this goal.
If you want to personally get involved with the One-Day School Project you can click here and donate at the Maranatha website.
ABC’S OF THE ONE-DAY SCHOOL
- Large classroom – 21 x 30 feet (6.4 x 9.15 meters)
- Nine foot (2.74 meters) side walls
- Solid, galvanized steel structure for long life and rust prevention
- Five foot (1.5 meters) patio overhang for weather protection and comfort
- Premium earth-tone steel wall panels
- Eight large, galvanized windows for light and ventilation
- Roof, window and end-wall venting for natural, “chimney effect”, cooling
- Excellent thermal efficiencies
- White reflective roof panels
- Clear composite panels introduce natural light for a bright, cheery classroom
- Concrete foundation and floor with wide concrete porch
- High quality steel door with entry lock
- Multiple-sized galvanized steel desks for up to 40 students
- From a completed concrete pad to the start of school takes just one day
- Attractive appearance designed to last for decades
- Low maintenance
- World-wide shipping
- Low cost = $7,500 per classroom (includes concrete floor)
This classroom can be provided anywhere in the world very quickly and economically. The flexible design is appropriate for a single classroom or a complete campus.
Each classroom includes: Concrete floor and patio, steel frame, earth-tone siding, white metal roofing, natural lighting and ventilation, steel door, desks for 40 children, chalkboard and world-wide shipping.