Ocala, Florida in central Florida (home of Silver Springs State Park) is now offering a simple life for tiny housers and those looking for slightly more room than the average THOW. A new development is officially underway in the Wildwood area by the same team that created Simple Life in Flat Rock, NC.
City Commissioners approved plans for Simple Life’s newest community, which will provide 220 tiny homes in a stunning, well-manicured and amenity-filled development located just west of 301 off CR 466. Recently voted #1 Place in the U.S. to live in a Tiny Home by Apartment Therapy, Simple Life is a tiny home community developer and pioneer in small space living. “Simple Life cottage communities are providing homebuyers with exactly what a section of the market is looking for. A simplified life which translates to less square footage without sacrificing a comfortable, amenitized lifestyle,” shared Mike McCann, CEO of Simple Life, “People want to live a fuller life with less and that’s exactly what Simple Life communities offer.”
The new Wildwood community offers several thoughtful and gorgeous floorplans that include customizable options and high-end finishes, between 499 – 650 square feet of living space. Household amenities include full-sized kitchen appliances, stackable washer and dryers, one and two bedroom options, flex space, and in some models, an additional 160 square foot loft ideal for guests or extra storage. Simple Life provides these details online:
- Our first Florida Simple Life community will provide around 220 tiny homes in a well manicured and amenity-filled development north of County Road 466 about a half mile west of U.S. 301
- Several new and thoughtful floorplans will be available that include customizable options and high-end finishes
- Interiors will include options for full-sized kitchen appliances, stackable washer and dryers, one and two bedrooms, flex space, and in some models, an additional 160 square foot loft
- Models will provide between 499 – 650 square feet of living space
- Most homes will be priced in the low $100s
- Proposed amenities include a pool, lakeside pavilion, yoga room, fitness room, dog park, and community-owned boats for fishing and recreation on Lake Andrew
- Simple Life helps to simplify our resident’s lives by combining most monthly expenses into one lump sum. Real estate taxes, municipal water and sewer, basic cable, lawn service, tree care, and road maintenance plus the use and upkeep of all amenities are all covered by a homesite land lease. In Ocala, land leases will likely start at $550 per month and there will be no additional HOA fees
“I believe this is a first for the state of Florida,” said Ryan Howser, Planner for the City of Wildwood, “There are some smaller communities that try to operate under the tiny house blanket, but they’re really just temporary trailers or RV parks. This is the first master-planned permanent community of this nature.” Specific to each development but include a pool, fitness center, Internet café, yoga room, dog park, and outdoor gathering spaces.