To be honest most people don’t know how. Back in 2007 Matt and Laura decided they would give it a try.
Building a tiny house isn’t easy, but anyone can do it if they put their mind to it. Matt and Laura jumped right in thinking that a 120-square-foot home wouldn’t be that hard.
They learned 5 valuable lessons along the way.
- Buy the right tools – having the correct tools will save you time and effort. Do your research.
- Take some practice swings – before starting to actually build the tiny house practice on smaller projects to get your skills up and gain confidence.
- Tap into community – The advantage of the early tiny house movement was everybody kind of knew everyone else and were willing to share in the learning. It’s a little harder today because it has grown so big. Find some tiny house community to help you along the way.
- Share the Journey – Share through a blog, Youtube, or whatever format you prefer. It helps you to put it out there and others can learn from you.
- Learn from Mistakes – Mistakes happen, learn from them and move on. Don’t give up!
Read Laura’s article on page 5 of Issue 117 of the Tiny House Magazine to get all the details.
A few pages from Tiny House Magazine Issue 117