Community First Village in Austin, Texas, is truly remarkable. It’s a beautiful 51-acre master-planned tiny home village providing affordable housing in a supportive community for the disabled and previously chronically homeless.
Currently, it’s home to 200 individuals in tiny houses and RVs. Also, a missional community lives and works on-site. They seek to also create relationships with outside residents. As a way to invite them in, for support and connection with their residents, they offer many engaging programs. For example, you can participate in special events and volunteer opportunities, as well as stay at the on-site bed and breakfast with classic trailers & tiny houses on wheels.
“Mobile Loaves & Fishes desires to empower the community around us into a lifestyle of service with the homeless. We achieve this vision through Community First! Village by taking a relational approach for connecting with our homeless brothers and sisters, instead of a transactional approach.”
Community First Village Features:
- 130 Tiny Homes and 100 RV/Park Models (Phase 2 in-development now with 310 more homes and more community facilities planned)
- 5 Laundry/Restroom/Shower Facilities and 5 Outdoor Kitchens
- Capital Metro Bus Stop
- Topfer Family Health Resource Center
- Micro-Enterprise Business Opportunities: Art House, Screen Printing, Car Care, Forge, Organic Farming, Woodworking Shop, Concessions & Catering
- Community Cinema, outdoor movie theater by Alamo Drafthouse
- Community Inn, tiny house BnB
- Community Market
- Memorial Garden with Prayer Labyrinth and Walking Trails