PodCast – Real Estate Development and Tiny Houses: How to Build a Tiny House Village with Terry Lantrip
I learned about Terry’s work through Alexis and Christian of Tiny House Expedition. Terry is in the process of creating an urban tiny house village in Lake Dallas, Texas, in the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area. After working on this project for some time and running into a lot of red tape, the project is almost done. The Lake Dallas Tiny Home Community will have 13 parking spaces for tiny houses on wheels and a communal washateria (a place to do laundry). There is a lot to learn about how to advocate for tiny houses in this type of zoning structure, and Terry calmly and patiently answered all of my questions about real estate development. I hope you’ll be inspired to use Terry’s knowledge and apply it to your own cities and towns!
In This Episode:
- The Lake Dallas Tiny Home Community model
- What inspired Terry to start a tiny house village?
- The work that went into preparing the land for a tiny house community
- Codes, compliance, and certifications in Lake Dallas Tiny Home Community
- How a tiny house village can help cities develop and prosper
- Terry’s advice to people who want to start their own communities
- It takes all kinds to make a village
- Lake Dallas Bungalows
- How would one find a realtor or developer who’s interested in tiny homes?