Erin Maile O’Keefe is a talented designer who designed and built the Paper Boat tiny house for herself and her husband, where they live in the backyard of a house that they own. In this conversation we’ll break down the Paper Boat design and share some of the ways that Erin thinks about designing tiny spaces so that they work for the occupants in the process.
In This Episode:
- A brief history of Yestermorrow and teaching the class
- The Paper Boat house: how it got its name and the way that function inspired design.
- Erin’s design approach that allowed her to fit everything she needs into her space
- How custom cabinetry stores things with beauty and function
- Erin’s journey into the tiny house movement
- What’s Tiny House Fest Vermont all about and how is it unique?
- Erin discusses Creative Placemaking and how she uses her Master Certificate