Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all the rules and laws about tiny houses? Well, today Ethan has a special guest, Lee Pera, who is here to help us understand everything in a simple way.
We’ll talk about things like building codes and regulations for tiny houses. Lee will tell us about the latest updates and what they mean for people who want to live in a tiny house. I
f you’re curious about the legal side of tiny house living, this episode of the Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast is perfect for you.
You’ll learn a lot and get practical tips if you’re thinking about building or living in a tiny home.
In This Episode:
- Tiny house legal landscape: Lee shares insights on navigating regulations and building codes in the tiny house industry, including the IRC, Appendix Q, and ASTM efforts to create standards.
- Global tiny house movement: The global appeal of tiny houses and intentional communities, as well as the challenges and opportunities in different countries and regions.
- DIY vs professional builders: Exploring the benefits and considerations of RV certification, financing options, and the importance of building standards for both DIY builders and professional builders.
- Tiny homes on wheels: Examining the challenges and opportunities of building and living in tiny homes on wheels, including off-site construction regulations and creative approaches to navigating zoning requirements.
- Financing and mortgages: Discussing the potential for offering mortgages on tiny homes, the affordability of traditional mortgages versus high-interest RV loans, and the challenges banks face in providing financing for movable houses.
- Pandemic response and global building trends: Highlighting the growing interest in container homes and building trends in response to the pandemic, including exploring cost-effective options in different countries.
- Sustainable practices: Addressing sustainable practices such as composting toilets, natural and eco-friendly building materials, and the importance of working with local communities to avoid gentrification and displacement