Ethan in this week’s podcast discusses with Lindsay Wood an evangelist for tiny living.
The pandemic has put economic pressure on a large part of the country. Tiny houses are being increasingly seen as a solution to housing affordability and inequality. But there are some big legal hurdles to get over before we get there, and in this interview, Lindsay helps us explore them.
In This Episode:
- Could tiny homes be included in the eviction moratorium?
- Lindsay’s affordable housing investment plan
- New legislation in CA that’s great for ADU owners
- Why the ordinances in CA can help legalize tiny homes elsewhere
- The reasons that many cities have not allowed tiny houses
- Additional expenses that are necessary to ready a site for tiny house parking
- Alternatives to trailers
- The difference between ‘traditional affordable housing’ and ‘tiny house affordable housing’
- What is THIA doing to help with the housing crisis?
Links and Resources:
- Experience Tiny Homes
- Wilderwise Homes
- Tiny Home Industry Association (THIA)
- About the eviction moratorium
- Your rights as a renter
Office space by day
The bed folds down at night