In this podcast, Ethan talks with Chris Murphy about every homeowner’s nightmare. Discovering a small patch of mold, and then learn that their floor, subfloor, and insulation have all become a soft, rotten waste.
Chris and his wife Bri were forced to move out of their tiny house when they discovered this terrible moisture issue in both the floor and walls.
In this interview, Chris tells his story so we can all learn from the critical mistakes that were made in Chris and Bri’s tiny home.
In This Episode:
- From tiny house dweller to houseguest in 3 days
- How Chris’s subfloor was built and how it should have been built
- Ask which spray foam your builder is using
- The builder’s response
- How do you even fix a mold-ridden subfloor?
- Vapor barriers and insulation to get rid of extra water
- Why you should engage with others in the tiny house movement
- Where do you park in a town where tiny houses are illegal?
Links and Resources: