Ethan today in his podcast interviews Erika Guli. Erika purchased Ethan’s guide called Tiny House Decisions back in the early days.
Erika has designed and built a gorgeous and unique tiny home called the Sun Chaser.
In this podcast Ethan discuses with Erika what she would do differently in building her tiny home and also about the design process. What it is like to live tiny and how it has changed her life.
In This Episode:
- What happens when your dad tells you he’ll build whatever you want?
- How a crazy idea turned into an awesome key feature
- Adding different textures, patterns, and colors to give some variety to a small space
- Using “liberated” materials and building around what Erika’s dad had around the property
- Advice about trailers and what Erika would have done differently
- Living tiny allowed Erika to be able to pay off debts and work at a place she loves with people she’s close to
- What do you keep in your loft?
- Creative storage solutions
- When you live in a tiny house you’re always next to a window
Erika first started thinking about building a tiny house 5 years ago after watching a Netflix documentary. Her sister was moving out of their shared apartment, and she wanted to quit her job in retail but she wasn’t sure how she’d be able to afford the cost of living on her own. Then she came across Ethan’s Tiny House Decisions workbook, and the rest is history. https://www.thetinysunchaser.com/