Ethan really enjoys featuring new and innovative ways to build a tiny house.
Today his is featuring an “old” school way called Timber Framing.
Clara and Edwin Bobrycki designed and built their timber frame tiny house and they also cut down all the trees and milled the lumber for the entire frame.
Though not an easy task, Edwin and Clara will break it down so that we can learn what it takes to build a timber framed tiny home.
In This Episode:
- The basics of a timber-framed build and how they compare to modern builds
- How does a mill work?
- Wet wood, dry wood, burned wood, and dead trees: what to use and how it works
- The raising of the build was a celebration
- Attaching a timber-framed build onto a trailer and forming the floor
- Living off-grid and the beginner’s mistakes to avoid
- How goats saved the property from the fires
Links and Resources: