Ethan in his podcast this week is talking about the unique structure the A-frame. It is a building that fits well into the landscape and feels very cozy.
Today, Ethan is interviewing Michael Romanowicz, founder of Den Outdoors, which designs beautiful, easy to build A-frames and sells plans.
In this interview, they explore the popularity and advantages, and disadvantages of the A-frame design.
In This Episode:
- Building a tiny home helps with more than construction experience
- Why change the name of your company?
- Designing with the DIY builder in mind: customizable, easy-to-find materials, easy construction
- Customer-driven and community-led design choices
- Why is the A-frame making a comeback?
- Calculating average building costs, what will save you money, and which categories are excluded in the calculations
- Plans that make it easy to get your building permits approved
- How Den is fixing the problems with build kits
Links and Resources: