Ethan shares in today’s podcast how Baylie Carlson made a splash in the tiny house movement with her tiny house home birth story.
Baylie has lived in both a moveable tiny house, a luxury skoolie. She shares how what it is like raising kids in small dwellings.
Baylie is also involved in a really interesting YouTube competition called Outlast Homestead, where the winner gets the title to the land.
In This Episode:
- Living tiny with littles – how Baylie knew it was time to go bigger
- Skoolie or RV? Pros and cons of each
- Selling tiny homes: was it worth it?
- Tiny lessons translate to traditional houses
- What they’ll change for their next road trip
- It’s important to shift your energy to reflect your current focus
- How your location affects your lifestyle
- The Happiest (and one of the most welcoming) Place on Earth
- What is the Outlast Homestead competition about?
- Heat and water challenges during an Alaskan winter
- Materials that we’ve been told won’t work in THOWs
Links and Resources:
- Outlast Homestead
- Tiny House People
- Turning Tiny by Darin Zaruba
- Cold Climate Research Center in Fairbanks, Alaska