I want to wish all the “Tiny House Blog” readers a Merry Christmas and give you a little update on what has happened over the last year on the blog.
First of all a big thank you to each of you who comes and reads the blog on a regular basis. The blog would not exist without you, period!
There have been some big changes this last year and I want to list a few of them below.
- Traffic – In January we averaged 1500 visitors a day. In November we averaged 4500 visitors a day.
- Ranking – The “Tiny House Blog” to my knowledge has become the #1 destination for Tiny House enthusiasts passing even Jay Shafer of Tumbleweed
- Theme – Clean new theme, easier to read and much more visual (Thank you Michael Janzen for such a great design)
- Advertising – Less advertising in the articles, easier to read and less distractions
- Facebook & Twitter – You can now follow the “Tiny House Blog” on both of these social networks
I also want to thank each and every one of you who sends me information you find on the internet and to those who step up and share their experience and story with me. Your involvement helps make this blog a success.
Some new ideas I want to implement in 2010 are:
- Weekly Newsletter via email
- Tiny House Directory – eBook
- Tiny House Book “Living in a Tiny House – Your Story”
In the last year I went from being a part time hobby blogger to a full time “Pro-blogger” and I have had several people ask me how it happened and a couple suggest that I write an eBook telling my story. I am seriously considering doing this and I would like to take a poll to see what interest is out there. I would have to charge a small amount for the ebook but will try to keep it affordable. If you would please give me your honest opinion in the poll below, I would really appreciate it.
“I am endless impressed by the fact that you are able to post so much
good content on your site. You put most blogs to shame! I personally
would be willing to pay for an e-book where you explain how you do it.
I’m sure a lot of your other reads feel the same way.” -Jeff
P.S. Look for a Sale and a new eBook which will be included with Sonoma Shanty Plans next week. I ran out of time and am out of town so was not able to launch it Christmas day as originally planned.