Jay Shafer is offering Tiny House Blog readers an exclusive chance to get his new book almost two weeks before the official launch date of April 1, 2009. The book can only be bought through the Tiny House Blog, it is not even available till April 1 at the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company web site.
If you want to be one of the first to own this beautiful book buy it now! The price is $36.95 and worth every penny in my humble opinion. I have my own personal copy right now in front of me and can’t put it down. Here is more about the book:
The Small House Book
Jay’s new book called “The Small House Book“ is an accumulation of his knowledge and his story, plus his portfolio of his designs. The book is 7″ x 7″ in size and about a 1/2″ thick, 197 pages of Jay’s personal experiences.
Jay shares with you what it is like to live in a diminutive home, how to meet codes, and how to design small spaces that work.
Jay says, “I live in a house smaller than some people’s closets. My house meets all of my domestic needs without demanding much in return. The simple, slower lifestyle it affords is a luxury for which I am continually grateful.”
A few endorsements:
- “A visionary designer…” – Catherine Halley, Domino Magazine
- “…guru of the small house movement.” – John Blackstone, CBS Sunday
- “…part of a new generation of cutting-edge designers.” – Aric Chen, Paper
- “…instant curb appeal.” – Bethany Little, New York Times
- “…one hundred square feet of bliss.” – Thelma Gutierrez, CNN
- “…a monument to life pared to its essence.” – Dan Weeks, Living Room
- “…built to last.” – Craig LaMoult, Chicago Tribune
- “…an efficient use of every inch of space.” – Cheryl Corley, NPR
- “…astounding…” – Oprah Whinfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show
- “…extraordinary attention to detail.” – Hannah Bloch, New York Times
- “…an inspiration…” – Christopher Solomon, MSN Real Estate
- “…designed to last a lifetime.” – Julie Martin, BBC News
- “Move-in-ready gems…” –Denise Gee, Better Homes & Gardens
- “…a testament to discriminating taste”. – Carol Loyd, San Francisco Gate
Check out a few of the pages from the book below and than click Here to get your own copy today.
Thank you Jay for your inspiration and for the opportunity to share this with the Tiny House Blog readers…Kent Griswold (Tiny House Blog Publisher)
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our feed