Ethan Waldman interviews Tom Roszko who looking for a movable tiny home option. Vans and school buses are popular conversions and usually spotlighted.
Tom Roszko set his sights on a medium-duty ambulance. Tom discusses why used ambulances actually make a fantastic starting point for a conversion, how to find them, and other tips for a DIY, for a super mobile tiny home.
Tom also shares details about his solar, water, and off-grid living in his home.
In This Episode:
- 10 years of living tiny: the quest for the right mobile tiny dwelling
- The super single tire conversion and the headaches that go along with it
- How do figure out the existing wiring system and what should be modified or added?
- Water in and out of an ambulance
- It’s possible for your tiny house to be propane-free
- How often does the ambulance go off-road?
- The fluid process of an ambulance conversion
- What were the costs associated with the ambulance conversion?
- Where and how can you find an ambulance?
Links and Resources:
- Victron Energy
- Tweak the Vote
- Drive Nacho Drive by Brad and Sheena Van Orden
- Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck
- Travels With Willie by Willie Weir