If you are going to live off-grid in a van or sailboat, you have to plan carefully to make sure you have all the things you need like food and water.
Ethan today talks with Kristin Hanes, the editor in chief of the popular tiny living blog, The Wayward Home. Kristin’s first experience with tiny living started by living in a Prius(!) with her partner.
They then proceeded to a sailboat, and finally a Chevy Astro Van.
Ethan talks about how she prepares for living off-grid for weeks at a time. How to plan, shop and store your items like food and water. They also talk about the benefits of the boondocking lifestyle.
In This Episode:
- Boondocking for social distancing
- How do you prepare for boondocking in a van?
- People live in their Prius
- About The Wayward Home
- Planning for longer intervals between grocery store trips
- Creative storage solutions on the boat
- Staying connected on the road and the water
- How do nomads make money online?