Kate Oliver talks with Ethan about how she originally started with a DIY Airstream renovation which later led to her business.
Most people are familiar with the iconic silver trailers of the 1950s. They have in recent years become very popular to renovate and either use as homes or as an Airbnb use home.
Kate is the author of the new book The Modern Caravan which I had the opportunity to check out this last week while visiting in Portland. It is filled with stories of people who have converted Airstreams and live in them, plus beautiful photographs.
In this podcast Kate shares great advice and tips for you to take on this challenge too.
- Renovation challenges: curved walls and wheels
- What is a shell-off renovation (and why do you want one)?
- How durable is an Airstream?
- Shopping for an Airstream? Remember this advice
- Our opinions on the future of the nomad trend
Links and Resources:
- Michael Newsted
- Laura Guidry and Marc Bilbao’s Airstream
- Lloyd Kahn
- The Modern Caravan on Instagram