For anyone who has dreamed of living in (or running a glamping business from) a traditional tipi, there is one for sale on Craigslist. The tipi can be rented out on Airbnb, but owner Romyn Scarpulla is selling the entire business for only $4,500. (No longer available)
The business is currently run in Carnelian Bay, Lake Tahoe, but the tipi and all its goodies are moveable to any location. The package includes a custom designed tipi wth a moon phase motif that has been treated with mold and fire retardant. The traditional poles were also treated with weather stain and the whole tipi comes with an inside lining and rain cap.
Other items are included like the queen size platform bed with mattress, feather and goose down bedding, patchwork quilt and throw. Other items include:
- Blonde wooden side table with Edison lamp and modern vase.
- Large red rug with fringe.
- High quality iron-stove-styled electric plug in heater.
- Coffee and tea service supplies: Electric coffee maker, jars for coffee and tea, jar mugs for coffee and water, french press, water jug & stand.
- Unique designer floral shell hanging lamp.
- Galvanized ‘Hillbilly Hot Tub’ with custom-made oilcloth cover and ties.
- Fringed canvas patio-umbrella handmade in Mexico.
- Wood hammock stand and Guatemalan crocheted hammock.
- Two matching black canvas butterfly chairs.
- Gobo-cut fire pit with Wolf, Bear, and Woodsy-themed silhouette cutouts.
- Red metal bistro table set with two chairs.
- High end brand new extra large BBQ with tools.
I have a friend who lived out of a tipi in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the summer…so it can be done.
Photos by THATCH Vintage