Guest Post by Robert Zeman
Good morning America
My name is Robert Zeman and I live in South Bohemi regin in Czech republic (former Czechoslovakia) in town Prachatice – one of the nicest tiny renessaince town in The Middle Europe.
I would like to share with you the pleasure to see our town and offer you visit Prachatice via not only municipal webside with webcams on www.prachatice.eu or Google street view….
Second area of interest which I would like to share with you is my cabin which I built up and finally filled up my boy dream – to build by own hands a wooden house. A cabin is destinated to backgroud of a small hobby farm what I step by step build up.
The cabin I have built for 2 years almost during weekend time in period 03/10 to 06/12. Along and some type of work with one friend according to plans designed by myself.
- Measures: groundplan: 4x9m height: 5m. Total costs are cca 13000 USD.
- The cabin is based on 4 concrete panels and steel base frame. A cabin frame is made from solid wood and sided by raw planks outside. Inside by planed planks.
- The frame is insulated by rockwool and protected against moisture by foiles.
- Roof is made from planks shingles and work properly.
- Cost of 1m2 was cca 6 USD.
- There is no electricity grid, use gasoline generator – 2 kW for tools.
- For all building process I used cca 4 gallons of petrol incl.chain saw consumption.
- Lighting in cabin is provided by oil lamps.
- Heating by stove with American chimney.
- Use swedish ecotoilet.
- Use mobile shower for 12 V.
For cooking use a small gas cooker. Spoiled water from shower and dish washing is stored in 3 m3 out water resistant reservoir. Clean water use from spring and avarage consumption is cca 20l/per day for everything. All Furniture I made from the rest of wood planks.
A cabin is independent for any power net, in the future I would like to set up the photovoltaic panel with equipement. The building process you can see on images. I look forward to your possible questions.
Best regards Robert