In celebration of summer and for Kent heading off to Hawaii, I thought I would do a post on these vintage style trailers by Dayton Taylor and Vintage Trailer Crazy. Part trailer, part Woodie station wagon, these 19–(Any Year) Woodie Love Bugs can be manufactured to match your tow vehicle, birth year or whatever theme you want…including “Surf’s Up.”
Each trailer is 12 feet long and weighs 1,200 pounds. They are custom made with hand built oak and birch walls and cabinets. The Vintage Trailer Crazy design team will consult with you to create your custom Woodie Love Bug. These trailers are built new from the ground up, but use VIN numbers from vintage 1930-1950 trailers. Over 500 man-hours go into the production of each little trailer. They cost around $12,500 and Dayton told me that they sell a lot of them, primarily because of the popularity of smaller trailers.
Each trailer contains a small kitchen area with plenty of storage including a charger and converter cabinet, a dining booth which converts into a double bed, and holding tanks for fresh and gray water which are stored under the sink along with the battery. A propane tank and hookup is available on the front of the trailer and a storage cabinet is located on the back. Vintage style windows and doors add to the details.
Included in each trailer:
- New heavy-duty frame with torsion bar suspension
- 12 volt battery or 110 volt for power
- DVD/CD entertainment center
- “Smart” battery charger / converter from 110v to 12v
- 2-burner propane stove
- Stainless steel sink with running water
- 12 volt fridge
- Solid wood flooring
- Air conditioner/heater combo
- Interior/exterior color schemes: red and white, turquoise and white or black and white
- Hitch / propane tank painted to match tow vehicle
- Exotic woods (like birds eye maple)
- 1950’s black and white tile, vintage “Boomerang” or “Cracked Ice” counter/table Formica
- 1950’s Diner style aluminum table/counter edge trim
- Matching awning
For more information contact Dayton Taylor at Vintage Trailer Crazy.