***Note: Lusby no longer for Sale! Elaine from New Hampshire is selling her unfinished Lusby shell and includes a free piece of remote property in Northern California. Elaine is asking $38000. Here is her story:
About a year and a half ago, after my kids completed high school and had moved out, I decided to downsize. I fell in love with the Lusby from Tumbleweed Tiny House Company. I purchased the plans and hired a professional home builder to construct the exterior. I wanted to finish the inside myself and live in it on a lakeside lot I owned.
Unfortunately, the bottom fell out of the real estate market and I wasn’t able to sell my big house. With three kids in college, I needed cash, so I sold my lakeside lot and rented out a portion of my big house.
So, the tiny house is just sitting next to the driveway. As you can see, it’s beautiful. I made some modifications to the Lusby plan:
- Rather than a metal roof, it’s shingled.
- The doors are African Mahogany.
- The upper windows have stained glass inserts (not yet installed).
- There is a fiberglass shower in the bathroom.
- The house is wired for electricity and cable TV.
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our feed