Rene just sent this to me and I really think it is cool, what do you think?
An ‘eco-pod’ home, which promises to be more energy efficient than standard houses, has been shown at this year’s Grand Designs show at London’s ExCel Centre.
Eco Hab is committed to dramatically reduce our carbon footprint, by building a range of the highest performing energy efficient Eco friendly Homes.
Every step has been taken during the design and construction of our Eco Pods, to minimise the Homes demand and dependency of fossil fuels.
This has been achieved by incorporating the following features into the Eco Pod:
• High level of thermal insulation giving an overall U value
of up to .18 for the 4m pod and .16 for the 6m pod
• Sealed Envelope (no air leakage)
• Hot air recovery ventilation
• Wood/ solid fuel burning stove
• Under floor heating
• Full recycling facility (5 separate waste shoots)
• Factory built (controlled work environment)
• Solar Panels – PV Panels /Wind Turbine /Thermal storage tank
• Backup Generator – dry toilet – rain water harvesting
To learn more visit the Eco Hab website.
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our feed