Rick Moore on Living Off-Grid for Months at Sea: Hydroponics, Solar, Wind, and Gardening on a Sailboat
In his podcast, Ethan talks with Rick Moore about the challenges of living on a 50-ft sailboat. The sailboat, the Sophisticated Lady, is fully set up to live off-grid for months at a time, with solar and wind power, a water desalination unit, and even a garden on board.
Rick takes us through his systems and shows how living on the water can apply to tiny house living.
Subscribe to Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, More…
In This Episode:
- Solar and wind power make the Sophisticated Lady 99% self-sustainable
- An in-depth look at the benefits of lithium batteries
- The importance of redundant systems: back up your backup and your backup’s backup
- Rick’s desalination system is a huge game-changer for self-sustainability
- When ventilation is better than air conditioning
- How do you grow a garden on a sailboat?
- Refining the art of being environmentally responsible
- Rainwater collection tips
Links and Resources: