Fresh from its world premiere at the 2017 TinyHouseNC Street Festival, this 8.3” x 20’ tiny house on wheels is everything a turnkey tiny house should be.
Unique in that it was built by the Career and Technical Education classes at South Lenoir High School in Deep Run, NC, and overseen by Tiny r(E)volution founder Andrew Odom, the Tiny Blue Devil sits on a custom fabricated trailer crafted by Triple C Trailers in Pink Hill, NC.
The home features:
- exterior lap siding by LP SmartSide
- interior lap board by LP SmartSide
- ONDUVILLA roofing
- a Rinnai on demand hot water heater
- a unique propane system engineered by Cherry Energy
- Simonton double hung and crank windows
- LED lighting
- a Nature’s Head composting toilet
- a locally harvested, living edge kitchen counter
- a ClimateRight mini-split unit
- exterior GCFI outlets
- both an interior AND exterior shower
- a Schlage bluetooth/keyless entry system
- and more!
The electrical system is a 30-amp on grid system with an interior panel box and ample interior outlets.
Sleeping arrangements are found in the large, carpeted queen size sleeping loft accessible by a custom boatsman ladder. The same ladder can be used to access the secondary, storage loft located just above the entryway.
The house is plumbed for on-grid sewage and water filtration as well.
The house was inspected and approved by Lenoir County building code inspectors and has proven both safe and road-worthy.
***** Full tour video available on YouTube *****
NOTE: The sale of this house benefits the Lenoir County Public Schools CTE program. Once a purchase bid is received, the bid will be submitted to the Board for approval at the June 5th school board meeting in reference to a new resolution for sale.
Buyer will have 30 days upon final contract to remove the house from South Lenoir High School in Deep Run, NC. Serious inquiries only, please.
Amy Jones, NBCT
High School/CTE Director
Lenoir County Public Schools