From the earliest time man has needed shelter from the elements. From the early explores to the brave American pioneers in their canvas covered wagons, in search of a better life, to today where many face uncertain economic times. With the housing bubble popped and foreclosures on the rise, many are looking for a simpler life and freedom from heavy financial burdens of a large mortgage, property taxes and ever increasing insurance premiums.
My name is Kitty Moss and I’m very excited to introduce you to our new company Moss Tiny Houses. We are located in North Central Florida and we will be the first builders in the Southeastern United States to provide a high quality, affordable, alternative, product that is not only beautiful but also very environmentally friendly.
We are a small family owned and operated business. For the past few years we’ve been talking abut building a tiny house on a trailer and our dream is finally coming true. My husband Jeremy, his father David (a licensed contractor) and his brothers Scott, Terry and brother-in-law Adam, have been building houses in Florida for many years. We have built large scale custom homes, and now we are turning our efforts and talents into building “Tiny Houses”. Our houses are built with the higher standards that you would find in larger square footage homes. We endeavor to put the comforts of a modern home into our tiny houses. We use high quality materials that will stand up to the elements and can handle moving your tiny houses.
Our new Model “The Leony” is almost ready. We are asking $28,900. and here is a Specification list:
- House Dimensions: 7′ x 16′ Road Height: 13.5′ Sq. Ft.: 112
- The house sits on a brand new custom built double axle tandem trailer on a heavy duty frame with brake system (including battery).
- Conventionally framed
- 26 gag. Metal roof
- R14 reclaimed insulation
- The exterior is Hardie Board Siding and Cedar siding.
- The windows are low E-double pane glazed windows and custom designed and fixed windows for the gables.
- The full size bathroom includes a stand in shower, dark wood vanity with white sink and low flush toilet. There is also a nice size closet in the bathroom.
- The kitchen has low maintenance white cabinets, with dark laminate counter-top, full size sink and Energy Start 3.1 cu. ft. refrigerator with separate freezer door. A fold down table for two will be across from the counter area.
- The interior is Cape Cod Beadboard painted with low fume paint.
- Designer Light Fixtures with LED bulbs.
- Laminate wood floor.
- The plumbing has an RV hose connection for waste removal and an RV water connection.
- And the best part is the Solar lights, a 45 watt Solar System for the LED bulbs.
- The loft sleeps two adults comfortably.
We tried to use reclaimed materials or those made from recycled compounds in order to leave a lower carbon footprint.
We will be coming up with different floor plans and can also custom build to the client’s wishes and needs. We are already talking with a couple of clients that want us to customize their floor plans to have a lower loft and another one with no loft, just a bedroom towards the back. Our goal is to be able to provide a secured building with alternative energy sources and a wide range of choices for its uses, whether you need a full time residence, vacation home, an art studio, mother-in-law suite, care takers cottage, guest house, college student housing, temporary housing after natural disasters, mobile office or shop, hunter’s cabin, mobile bakery, etc. the possibilities are endless. With these Tiny Houses you have the comfort and look of a conventional home but also the ability to go anywhere, measuring only eight ft. wide you don’t need any special type of permit to pull it down the road.
You can follow along on our progress at mosstinyhouses.blogspot.com or if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com