by Joel Colvos
I’m looking for someone to help work on my tiny house/cabin on our family farm in exchange for being able to live there for free starting in late August. (Located on a farm on the Yellowstone River in Montana.) I put together a tumblr page of the house and farm at http://millersbottom.tumblr.com/ the first photo is a slightly dated photo of ‘the cabana’ which is the house that is available. I will be answering questions this week from this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and more details at http://www.reddit.com/r/TinyHouses/comments/vc2he/work_exchange_live_and_work_in_my_tiny_housecabin/
Maybe this is just the opportunity you have been looking for. Please contact Joel if this sounds good to you.
Ziggy (Brian Liloia) contacted me a while back about an upcoming work exchange opportunity coming this summer at the Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage set amid the hills and prairies of rural northeastern Missouri. Ziggy and a few others are building a 350 square foot cooperative kitchen and want your help.
The kitchen will be built with a roundwood timber frame structure and straw bale and cob walls. Those who get involved in this project will get some good first hand experience with several truly sustainable building techniques while being fully immersed in life at Dancing Rabbit.
Summary of What You’ll Get From Your Work Exchange:
- Food: All meals provided. You will be part of a largely vegetarian food co-op during your stay.
- Accommodations: Tenting platform space provided and shared facilities available for use (Common House, outdoor kitchen, showers, composting toilets)
- Fees: Payment of all residency fees
- Transportation: No coverage provided
- Education and skills: Hands-on experience constructing a timber frame building, and a whole lot more!
Learn more about this work exchange opportunity.