I am really excited to announce my friend Alek Lisefski’s building plans for his incredibly modern tiny house.
These construction plans offer complete blueprints to build your own tiny house — to the exact same specifications as the original Tiny Project house.
The plans include almost 40 pages of:
- Trailer specs, dimensions & modifications
- Precise framing diagrams w/dimensions
- Window and door sizes & specs
- Elevation drawings w/dimensions
- Detailed floorplans w/dimensions
- Electrical, plumbing, propane & safety systems design
- Materials list, including suggested appliances and fixtures
- Interior finishing suggestions & images
- Plus – A complete, editable SketchUp model, for you to view, take apart, or alter as you wish
My name is Alek Lisefski. I’ll be starting to build my tiny house within the next month and hope to complete it by this summer. I designed it myself and will do as much of the construction as I can to save money and because I believe it’s an invaluable skill that everyone should have. I’ve set up a blog for my project here: http://tiny-project.com/
While I haven’t started to build yet, I’ve done a lot of designing and planning. Attached are some of the models I’ve created. A few things have changed, but they are fairly accurate to what I will be building. What looks like glass walls around the bathroom is just so I can see through them in my model. They will not actually be glass.
I plan to build on an 8×20 foot trailer. My house will feature many windows (including several large, south-facing windows, for passive solar gain). The house will have fold-down overhangs to shade windows from mid-day summer sun, and will also include a fold-down deck.
I’m currently looking to form connections, get advice, and hopefully convince a few companies to sponsor me to help make this dream a possibility for me. Continue Reading »