The other day I had the opportunity to check out Bill Kastrinos from Tortoise Shell Homes latest design for the tiny house market. Dubbed the Naked Snapper, this home is a 28 foot long home with an interior width of 7 foot 6 inches. It has an 8 foot bedroom on one end. a 4 foot bathroom on the other end. In the middle is a kitchen living room area that is 15 foot 6 inches in length.
This home would be perfect for two people and the fact that it comes ready for you to complete yourself makes it possible for you to give it the personal finish you choose.
Bill has estimated the cost of the Naked Snapper at $17,000 and the estimated completed price, $35,000. Below the picture are the specs and if you would like more information please contact Bill at info (at) tortoiseshellhome.com or call 707-206-7581. Be sure and let Bill know you learned about it at the Tiny House Blog.
- 20ga steel members, 16in o.c.
- 20ga rodent shield under floor
- R-19 insulation
- 1 1/8″ tongue and groove plywood floor, glued and screwed
- T-111 siding
- 1/2in plywood sheathing, roof
- 4ft one piece tub/shower unit
- Moen diverter valve installed
- Pex rough plumbing to diverter valve installed
- Interior walls for pocket door (bathroom), and pass through, bedroom
- 10,500# G.V.W. trailer
- Break away trailer kit installed, electric brakes both axles
- Floor system welded to trailer with 10,000# hold down straps (4 places)