Mad Housers Inc. Shelter
In this post I want to look at the very basic shelter that a person needs. This may be considered extreme by many, but in reality it shows what shelter really is and what we can get by with if necessary. First let’s look at the description of shelter in the dictionary:
shelter – n.
1 something that covers or protects; protection, or place affording protection, as from the elements or danger.
2 the state of being covered or protected; protection; refuge
–vt. to provide shelter or refuge for; protect
–vi. to find protection or refuge
MAD HOUSERS Inc. is an Atlanta-based non-profit corporation engaged in charitable work, research and education. Our charter outlines our goals and purposes:
- To provide shelter for homeless individuals and families regardless of race, creed, national origin, gender, religion, or age.
- To develop low income housing for people in need of housing.
- To help people develop the skills and knowledge for constructing and rehabilitating housing and shelter.
- To increase the quantity and to improve the quality of housing in the world.
- To act, if necessary as an advocate for the homeless, to ensure that their moral and civil rights are protected.
The Mad Housers believe that if a person has a secure space from which to operate, they are much more capable of finding the resources to help themselves.
To Learn More visit the Mad Housers Site.