Nick Hurt of Cambridge, VT has created a cabin he calls the Cai ™ House. This is a portable cabin. Nick is in the process of getting his business off the ground and wanted to share his design here on the Tiny House Blog.
The cabin pictured here is a prototype cabin and is not for sale. Nick will work with you to create your cabin and finish it the way you want it. Nick has his cabin on Ebay and you can contact him at cnhconsulting(at) gmail.com
Nick describes his prototype cabin below:
Definition- a two story 420 square foot portable, energy efficient, low impact, self sufficient structure that can be set up by one person in 6-8 hours.
Where transformer toy meets housing- Everything stores neatly inside during transport and unfolds into a cute little house that can be folded up to be transported again. You find your dream spot and I will bring you your cabin.
The prototype shown in the photos is not insulated and was constructed for personal use. (not for sale)
I would like to custom build you a custom cai ™ house utilizing highest quality sustainable materials assembled by Vermont’s finest Master Carpenters.
1. A cabin for recreational uses.
2. Permanent Housing.
3. Temporary Housing.
4. Commercial uses.
5. A Backyard studio or office.
6. A Play House for children.
7. A Guest House.
8. A Cabana.
9. A Pool House.
1. Requires no oversize load permits to transport.
2. Requires a reasonably level area of 30’x30′ to setup.
3. Requires 4- firmly compacted 3’x3′ gravel jacking pads.
4. Utilizes hinged roof, wall and floor systems.
5. Can be adapted to accommodate full amenities.
6. Has 50 square feet of storage space for furnishings when it is folded up and ready for transport.
7. Can be adapted to a fifth wheel trailer scenario. (provides more space for mechanical equipment).
8. Has a primary living space of 14’x21′.
9. Has an entry space of 6’x4.’
10. Has a bathroom space of 6’x4.’
11. Has two full height loft spaces of 6’x7′.
12. Has one loft area of 6’x7′ (4 to5) feet in height.
13. Has 22 operable windows with screens.
14. $48,000.00 Pricing includes a fully insulated and finished interior.
15. Interior can be left unfinished and uninsulated as an option for less.
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our feed