On one of my visits with Bill Kastrinos of Tortoise Shell Homes, I noticed a new small structure sitting off to the side of the Tortoise Shell Nursery.
Bill put me in touch with Malcolm Davie who has just given me the go ahead to go public with their new product. I will let Malcolm tell you more about his new product that I personally think fits in as a new option for a tiny house space.
YardPods are pre-fabricated, steel frame backyard rooms individually configured by the customer using a large catalog of modular, eco-friendly parts and materials. Pre-assembled in precision engineered panels at our factory and fully assembled on your site.
Your YardPod can be anything you want it to be your office, studio, hobby room, workshop, wine cave, whatever your dream is. We can even match the style of your home.
YardPods are available in five sizes from 8ft x 8ft to 10ft x 12ft and in three styles: Bare bones Do-It-Yourself YardPod, Almost done Finish-It-Yourself YardPod, and a ready to install Complete YardPod. Customers can configure their YardPod just about any way they choose including types of doors and windows and where they want them placed in the walls; shape of roof and‚ roofing material; type of flooring; and interior and exterior wall materials and finishes. YardPods are fully insulated and built with highly-sustainable materials and processes. YardPods can be delivered and installed on a wide range of foundations by the owner or a YardPod Authorized Contractor. Building permits are not required in most areas.
For play, for work, for escape, your‚ personal space can be only days away!
Here is a guide to the pricing:
- DIY Galvanized metal frame (floor, walls, roof) cost between $2,800 and $4,250 when collected from our factory.
- FIY 10ft x 12ft YardPods will normally cost between $10,000 and $15,000, smaller sizes will be less.
- Completed 10ft x 12ft YardPods will normally cost between $15,000 and $20,000, smaller sizes will be less.
There are MANY variations, eg: putting the YardPod on a concrete slab will reduce the price.
- Malcolm Davies, PhD Architect, registered architect in UK. ‚ Before joining Codding, I was CEO of Michelle Kaufmann Designs and before that, CEO of Gehry Technologies, one of Frank Gehry’s companies.
- Marvin Muaer, Professional Engineer has been a leader in internet marketing for many years. Formerly CEO of HousePlans.com and a Vice President at Mattel. We worked together at General Electric and at Autodesk.
Our objective is to provide high-quality environmentally credible additional spaces for people to work, rest and play. Out maximum size is 120 sq ft which does not require planning or building permits in most areas. Visit the Yarpods website.
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our feed