Guest Post by Gray Anderson
My name is Gray Anderson, and I am with Gable Log Homes, a cypress and cedar custom log cabin company based out of Sumter, SC. We have recently begun to offer an inexpensive, all materials included, cabin kit that can basically be stacked in one weekend, we call it the “Sportin’ Cabin.” The 16 x 20 cabin with a 6 x 20 porch (lofted sleeping area available to maximize floor space), are made from solid 4 x 8 precut cypress wall logs and can be assembled in one weekend. So this is not your typical wall siding made to simulate a log cabin, it is actually solid cypress logs from the base to the top of the gable! The cabins start out delivered to the site for $12,750, but we do offer package discounts depending on the number of cabins built. Basically, the more you build the more you save!
Not only is it inexpensive and simple to build, it is as sturdy as a rock. Our design for cutting and stacking removes the need for insulation, they do that themselves! I am even in the process of finding the right location to build my own Sportin’ Cabin. See construction photos here.
As fars as house specifics go:
- The Sportin Cabin is 16×20 with a 6×20 porch.
- We cut each and every piece of cypress at our on site mill that goes into each Sportin Cabin.
- 4×8 wall logs all around and up in both gables. It is a solid log cabin, there is no log siding or imitating framework.
- A sleeper loft can be added to increase floor space.
- All materials are included in kit (windows, doors, wall logs, floor systems, etc.)
- The cabin can be built on basically ANY surface and is not limited to stilts, a concrete slab would work just fine (or maybe even on a floating barge!). We would be more than willing to credit the pricing for the floor posts, if a slab is the owners choice, and reimburse them with materials for interior projects. Such as cabinets, walls, etc.
- All of the by-products from the cutting process used in other aspects of the Gable Log Homes mill. We use the remaining lumber for pallets, mulch, cypress and cedar shavings for livestock and much more.
- $12,750 plus free shipping! To anywhere in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia, and some parts of Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas and Indiana
We feel that this cabin would be the perfect home for someone cutting back on living expenses by living in a small house. I am anxious to have my own Sportin’ Cabin built so I will truly be able to live the lifestyle that the Tiny House Blog readers enjoy every day. Our biggest thoughts on the cabin its quality and affordability together. Those two terms are rarely paired honestly, but we are definitely the exception. We are willing to go out of our way to help out anyone who shares the same interest in the cabin lifestyle as we do!