There is just something about living on the water that draws me. This home is very unique and like me you may find the price way out of your range. However, I like to share all options for downsizing and this is a winner in my humble opinion. This is also what I would consider a small home not tiny.
Here are some of the details of this (literally) one of a kind “ocean-top” property:
· The houseboat measures about 843 square feet, not including the side decks (upper and lower) or side storage bins.
· Sausalito style houseboat, built in 1972, features two stories of exceptional on-water living. It’s the only true houseboat in the Santa Barbara harbor – a compound that cannot be duplicated.
· Of particular interest is that it comes with an incredibly unique 40’ sidetie – which is twice as wide as any other in the harbor. So, you get a parking space for your boat, along with your houseboat. (Or, it can be sublet if a buyer doesn’t have their own boat to go alongside.)
· Also, while most slip transfers require a boat demonstrate navigability, this houseboat has been grandfathered in, and is designated a floating home, and does not have to prove navigability.
· You’re in the heart of all things outside – live on the water, minutes to the mountains.
Photo Credits: Peter Crane Yacht Sales